Captured by: Charleston 3D Advantage
The Baptist Church of Beaufort, located in Beaufort, South Carolina, is a historic church that was organized in 1800. The current building was constructed in 1844 under the leadership of Richard Fuller, a prominent Baptist pastor who served as the church’s minister from 1837 to 1851. The church building is an excellent example of Greek Revival architecture, with its pedimented portico supported by four columns, and its elegant steeple rising above the roofline. The church has undergone several renovations and restorations over the years, but still maintains its historic character and serves as a landmark in the community. The Baptist Church of Beaufort is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a popular destination for visitors interested in historic architecture and Southern culture.
Learn More About HistoryView VR