The Diocesan Museum in Udine is housed in the Patriarchal Palace, current seat of the Bishop of Udine. The 18th-century structure has roots in the 15th-century residence, which was begun as the residence of the Patriarchs of Aquileia. The collection of the museum includes about 700 works.
This exhibit explores the history of wooden sculpture in Udine from the 12th through the 18th centuries. Especially notable pieces include the statue of Saint Euphemia (circa 1350) in the first room, an altarpiece by master sculptor Domenico da Tolmezzo dating to 1488 in the second room. In the third room of Renaissance sculptures, don’t miss the statue of the Saviour by Giovanni Martini. The final two rooms present Mannerist sculptures (with animated expressions and gestures) and Rococo works. (Matterport)