The Jabez Howland House is the only existing house in Plymouth where Pilgrims actually spent time. The original 17th-century two-story timber-framed house consisted of the porch, hall and hall chamber. Jabez Howland, John and Elizabeth’s son, lived here with his family until they sold the house in 1680. It was a private residence until 1912 when it was purchased for a museum. The Howland House is a National Register of Historic Places site.