In November 2015 the Belleville Historical Society purchased the Terry and Thelma Blazier House at 8501 West Main Street (#6 Oak Knoll Place) in Belleville to serve as a Midcentury Modern Architecture Museum. Belleville architect Charles E. King designed the home for the Blaziers in 1952.
In 1962 the house was converted into a funeral home, and it served that role for over 50 years. It was home to a small church when the historical society purchased it.
Several modifications had been made to the original structure, and we are now renovating the home to restore many features to their original state. Our goal is to create a house that is symbolic of Midcentury Modern (MCM) architecture featuring the work of Charles E. King. (Mid-Century Modern Architecture Museum)
Captured by: InvelopNow